Skilled Emiratis in the field of Tourism are essential to the sustained growth and development of the United Arab Emirates. ADVETI offers Level 5 Diploma in Tourism. The qualifications are accredited by the National Qualification Centre (NQC). ADVETI is developing the programme to address needs labour market.
- Perform good customer service and able to resolve customer complaints effectively.
- Demonstrate an understanding of financial management skills in budgets and forecasts in a business environment.
- Display marketing skills relevant to Tourism.
- Receive visitors and callers to the reception desk.
- Show sound understanding of UAE’s legal and regulatory framework and the regulations for tourism activities to monitor legal compliance of business operations.
- Develop business relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers to negotiate and finalize business agreements.
- Contribute to risk management.
- Create and monitor the implementation of operational plans.
- Develop work schedules effectively in line with employment and business requirements.
- Motivate, train and coach employees on the job.
- Conduct and evaluate employee performance assessments.
21st Century Skills
- Knowledge of theories, principles, concepts, methods, standards, practices, and terminology in Tourism and other disciplines related to the field of work.
- Work sensitively and effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Support in communicating with effect in developing and maintaining active partnerships across an organization and with diverse external clients and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to show leadership and organizational skills, with a capacity to organize and sustain improvements within a team environment, and also the ability to work flexibly and cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Good level of spoken and written communication, interpersonal, presentation and public speaking skills, and a proven ability to use these skills to prepare and present clear, concise, quality advice.
- ICT skills- word processing, data processing, PowerPoint and online research.
- Guest Service Officer
- Event Sales Executive
- Retail Store Executive
- Reservation host officer
- Travel and tourism agent
- Tour Guide
- Travel Consultant
- Airline Customer Service Agent
- Event Planner