Mechanical Engineering Technology
Mechanical Maintenance graduates can continue their professional studies in Higher Education to Advanced Diploma.
They will have opportunities to move into professional engineering roles such as Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Research Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Automotive Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Nuclear Engineer, Proposal Engineering Coordinator, Quality Control/Assurance Engineer and Systems Engineer.
ADVETI is an initiative of the Abu Dhabi Government and is under the umbrella of the Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical & Vocational Education and Training (ACTVET).
ADVETI is licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education, and has achieved accreditation for all of its offered Programs and is working towards national accreditation for new programs.
ADVETI offers a diverse range of applied Certificates and Diploma programs that fit the job market needs including the following: Business, Information Technology, Travel & Tourism, Design, Environment studies, Industrial Technology, Logistics and Engineering. A foundation program is available for students who do not meet the English requirements to enter the Diploma Programs.
The programs offered at ADVETI have been specifically designed in consultation with Abu Dhabi industry and businesses. This is to ensure that ADVETI graduates are employable and ready to meet the requirements of local commercial enterprises and organizations.
- Monitoring technical aspects of manufacture, installation and utilization.
- Maintenance and repair of machines and mechanical installations, facilities, and components to ensure satisfactory performance and compliance with specifications and regulations.
- Assembling and installing new and modified mechanical assemblies, components, machine tools and controls, and hydraulic power systems.
- Conducting tests of mechanical systems and assembling and installing mechanical assemblies.
- Checking completed installations for safety.
21st Century Skills
- Skills related to designing, testing, troubleshooting, using, repairing, and maintaining mechanical systems, installations and equipment.
- Critical thinking, time management, teamwork, control precision.
- Approaching non-routine problems by applying expert and creative solutions.
- Use of systems and digital technology, practical design and build skills.
- Experimental and testing techniques.
- Mechanical Technician.
- Quality Inspector.
- Mechanical Engineer.
- Mechanical Maintenance Foreman.
- Mechanical Inspector.
- Workshop Manager.
- Mechanical Supervisor.