Multimedia is a fast growing Industry across the UAE and impacts on every aspect of our daily lives. Advances in technology and social media require a continued source of technically capable creative people. ADVETI Institutes offer Multimedia at Level 4 Certificate and Level 5 Diploma.
The qualifications are accredited by the National Qualification Centre (NQC).
NQC Certificate in IT Multimedia:
The Certificate 4 Programme will introduce you to working with cameras and photography, the tools involved in the manipulation of digital images, video and audio. The course includes the design and development of web pages and the visualisation of information. The course will then go on to discuss the basics of design, using and manipulating digital images and 3D computer graphics. It will also promote and develop your understanding of business and your use of English and IT applications, as well as an introduction to UAE workplace practices and EHS procedures.
NQC Diploma in IT Multimedia:
The Diploma 5 programme widens the understanding of Multimedia and explores it’s application in government and industry. Elements of story-telling and narrative with graphical output are discussed as well as the presentation of information. You will develop knowledge of IT requirements in a media company, design and develop a multimedia product, develop 2D & 3D animations, develop 3D models and images and manage a multimedia project.
The Diploma programme ensures you develop the creativity and innovation skills required to compete successfully in the Multimedia Industry. UAE workplace practices, EHS procedures and English will be further developed Diploma level.
NQC Certificate in IT Multimedia Level 4
NQC Diploma in IT Multimedia Level 5
You will complete two months of work placement with ADVETI government and private industry partners, where you will be given the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills.
This is a great opportunity to make contacts with organisations and companies, many of our students have secured full-time employment as a result of successful work placements.
- Determine the objectives and constraints of the design brief by.
- consulting clients and stakeholders.
- Research and analyses functional communication requirements.
- Formulating design concepts for the subject to be communicated.
- Preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and layouts to communicate design concepts.
- Designing graphics and animation to satisfy functional, aesthetic and creative requirements of the design brief.
- Creating two-dimensional and three-dimensional images depicting objects in motion or illustrating a process, using computer animation or modelling programs.
- Negotiating design solutions with clients, management, sales and production staff.
- Selecting, specifying or recommending functional and aesthetic materials and media for publication, delivery or display.
- Documenting the selected design for production.
- Analyzing, designing and developing Internet sites applying a mixture of artistry and creativity.
- Taking photographs for advertising, or other commercial, industrial or scientific purposes and to illustrate stories and articles in newspapers, magazines and other publications.
- Taking portrait photographs of persons and groups of persons.
- Studying requirements of a particular assignment and decide on type of camera “ film” lighting and background accessories to be used.
- Determining picture composition, making technical adjustments to equipment and photograph subject.
- Operating scanners to transfer photographic images to computers.
- Operating computers to manipulate photographic images.
- Adapting existing photographic images to create new digitized images to be included in multimedia products.
- Using airbrush, computer or other techniques to create the desired visual effect.
21st Century Skills
- Critical thinking: Finding solutions to problems.
- Creativity: Thinking outside the box.
- Collaboration: Working with others.
- Communication: Talking to others.
- Information literacy: Understanding facts¨ figures¨ statistics¨ and data.
- Media literacy: Understanding the methods and outlets in which information is published.
- Technology literacy: Understanding the machines that make the Information Age possible.
- Flexibility: Deviating from plans as needed.
- Leadership: Motivating a team to accomplish a goal.
- Initiative: Starting projects, strategies, and plans on one’s own.
- Productivity Maintaining efficiency in an age of distractions.
- Social skills: Meeting and networking with others for mutual benefit.
- 2D & 3D animator motion.
- Graphics artist digital.
- Media artist special effects artist illustrator.
- Multimedia producer film and video editor.
- Art director.
- Art editor graphic designer.