ADMISSION TO ADVETI INSTITUTES
Most students applying for a place in an ADVETI Institute enter in the Fall term at the beginning of the academic year in September, but admission is also possible at the beginning of the Winter term in January.
All students are notified of the outcome of their application by the Institute of their choice. Where student applications exceed the number of places available, priority is given to current High School graduates who have applied through the NAPO system, then to applications from mature applicants.
The following admission criteria apply for enrolment in ADVETI Diploma programs:
SECONDARY SCHOOL GRADUATES
- High School Certificate or equivalent certified by the Ministry of Education.
- All unemployed Emirati National applicants must be registered on the Abu Dhabi Tawteen Council Database.
- At Least 17 years of age.
ADVETI DIPLOMA AND ADVANCED DIPLOMA ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Admission requirements for entry onto a Diploma program are:
- An overall score of 4.5 with a minimum of 4.0 in each skill
- EMSAT score of 875
- An overall score of 5.0 with a minimum of 4.5 in each skill
- EMSAT score of 1100
- Emirati National (passport and family book)
- Children of Emirati mothers.
High School Certificate or equivalent certified by the Ministry of Education.
No objection Letter from the employer with the following:
- Authorization to attend evening classes (4.00pm – 8.30pm) Monday to Thursday, or
- No Objection Letter for morning classes
- The specialization that the employee will have to study.
- Committing to study hours on trimester basis (cancelling business missions, workshop…etc).
Once you have been admitted to an ADVETI Institute, your placement is based on the following criteria:
- English Language Proficiency Requirement
- English EmSAT score of Less than EMSAT 875 or IELTS Academic, Overall Band below 4.0 are placed in the ADVETI Foundation Program.
- English EmSAT score of 875 or equivalent are placed into a National Diploma Qualification (L5) Program.
ENGINEERING DIPLOMA ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Graduates from Science Stream High Schools who meet the English Language requirement may enroll directly onto an Engineering Diploma.
- Graduates from any other High School stream must complete preparatory Math and Science courses before they can join an Engineering Diploma.
Depending on availability, candidates transferring from other institutions of higher education may be considered for admission with recognition of prior learning subject to the following conditions:
- They are transferring from an institution that is recognized and accredited Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research institution.
- They meet the ADVETI requirements for admission.
- They meet the English language proficiency requirements of
Programs completed will be assessed under the Recognition of Prior Learning process.
- Students must complete at least 50% of their new program requirements in ADVETI.
MORNING FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (REGULAR)
35 scheduled class hours per week, starting at 8:30 in the morning.
Subjects studied are: English Language, Mathematics, Science, Information Technology, Study Skills, and specialization stream subjects based on the specialization the applicant wishes to study (Science, Engineering or Business Administration).
AFTERNOON FOUNDATION PROGRAMME
- 35 hours per week (25 scheduled classes + 10 hours of directed study).
- The evening classes for the Foundation Programme are scheduled from 4:00 pm onwards (Monday to Friday).
- Subjects studied are: English Language, Mathematics, Science, Information Technology, Study Skills, and specialization stream subjects based on the specialization the applicant wishes to study (Science, Engineering or Business Administration).