ADVETI is an initiative of the Abu Dhabi Government and is under the umbrella of the Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical & Vocational Education and Training (ACTVET). Abu Dhabi Vocational Education and Training Institute (ADVETI) was established in 2007 and has five (5) entities: Al Jazirah Institute of Science and Technology in Abu Dhabi, Al Jaheli Institute of Science and Technology in Al Ain, Baynounah Institute of Science and Technology in Al Dhafra, Al Jazirah Institute of Science and Technology in Al Shahama, and Vocational Education Development Centre (VEDC).
ADVETI is an initiative of the Abu Dhabi Government and is under the umbrella of the Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical & Vocational Education and Training (ACTVET).
ADVETI is licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education, and has achieved accreditation for all of its offered Programs and is working towards national accreditation for new programs.
ADVETI offers a diverse range of applied Certificates and Diploma programs that fit the job market needs including the following: Business, Information Technology, Travel & Tourism, Design, Environment studies, Industrial Technology, Logistics and Engineering. A foundation program is available for students who do not meet the English requirements to enter the Diploma Programs.
The programs offered at ADVETI have been specifically designed in consultation with Abu Dhabi industry and businesses. This is to ensure that ADVETI graduates are employable and ready to meet the requirements of local commercial enterprises and organizations.
To empower Emiratis with the competencies needed to contribute to the Nation’s future development through workplace focused, lifelong technical and vocational education and training.
To be the benchmark of technical and vocational education and training in the UAE.
- Goal 1: Provide world class technical and vocational education and training.
- Goal 2: Develop work ready students with the skills to meet the needs of industry, business and government.
- Goal 3: Attract and retain high performing, qualified and experienced staff.
- Goal 4: Operate as a viable and sustainable organisation.
- Goal 5: Recognised as a socially responsible organisation.
- Goal 6: Provide continuous professional development for staff and students.
- Excellence: Continuously improve and achieve the highest standards of teaching & learning and business practices.
- Integrity: Conduct ourselves professionally and ethically with honesty and openness in everything we do.
- Respect: Establish relationships which reflect dignity and diversity, with students, colleagues and community.
- Compassion: Value others by understanding and supporting their needs.
- Teamwork: Collaborate through encouragement, support and shared expertise to achieve our goals.
- Innovation: Support creativity, enterprise, adaptability and forward thinking.